Lately I've been working on a rather big project: a pretty large pug. I bought the pattern here.
Eerst alle onderdelen gehaakt natuurlijk. Dat viel wel mee. Goed patroon trouwens, de poten zijn echt levensecht qua vorm.
First I crocheted all the parts of course. That wasn't so difficult.
It's a good pattern, the legs are so lifelike!
The pattern is for a fawn pug with a black face, ears etc, but this one was to be black.
As contrast colour we chose grey. Because a black pug with black face, ears etc doesn't
look like much as a crocheted animal.
andere haakster op Ravelry had geplaatst van de mops die zij had gehaakt, lukte het me na wat verkeerde pogingen om de kop te vervolmaken.
Assembling the head was a bit difficult for me. The pattern doesn't have photo
instructions. With the help of the pics another crocheter posted on Ravelry of her pug,
I managed to finish the head (after some failures).
The pug comes with a sweater, collar and leash. I had to adjust the sweater a bit
because I used a smaller hook and somewhat thinner yarn.
I made up the collar myself (well, it's pretty simple) because the pattern gives a 'boa'.
I weaved in a red thread and gave it a little heart as 'jewellery'.
Toen ik de fotosessie op het balkon ging maken, waren mijn hondjes geïnteresseerd en Casimir ging uit zichzelf zo mooi bij hem staan dat ik alleen maar hoefde af te drukken :-)
When I started a photographic session on the balcony, my dogs were interested immediately.
Casmir stood next to the pug on his own accord and I quickly took the photo!
Nou, toen heb ik Kiri ook maar even geïnstrueerd :-)
So of course I instructed Kiri as well :-)